Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Trip to Burmese boarder, Sangklaburi cancelled- 4th Feb

Urgh.. first hiccup on my machine today. Set off in the morning greeted by the cooling breeze with an idiotic smile inside my helmet..(not for long).. After gassing up, I continued a few km and notice a tramping sound on the rear at bumps.. Pulling over to check, I pulled the luggage in different directions and notice the Hepco base plate where the luggage sits could be lifted to the front slightly..
To proceed with a 500km trip or turn back..? well, with ample gadgets like tie-downs, cable ties.. it should be ok even if the bracket were to give way completely.. on 2nd thought, i'm only a mere 10km away.. ok, turning back.. Back to the guesthouse car park, which is actually a temple and a backyard bike shop, I rode straight in.. an old lady came out to say mechanic not in.. ofcoz through hand signs.. Asking permission to use his shade, I guess she consented.. Unload and lay down my tools.. I slowly inspect what is to be removed.. Oh gosh, the bracket I wanted to reach is between sub frame and mudguard.. mudguard attached to base plate, hepco side pannier holder screw to the side of mudguard.. seat sitting on it with screw cover by sideboard.. finally hepco bracket sits on top.. Looking at the tools needed.. No, 8, 10, 12, 13, alankey set, philips..

No comments:

Post a Comment