Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Boarder crossing to Laos - 16th Feb

what a relief.. though knowing it's not for long.. another immigration awaits you...
....my boat man..


the way up the ferry is as rugged as the ordeal at immigration..
.. i'm lucky of have 3 truckers joining the queue after a 30mins wait.. therefore I paid the usual bht500/
here comes the ferry after sending the first batch of vehicles over.. the long boat below is for passengers..
... well, you can also set sail if there is no vehicle.. juz pay.. money get things moving.. and that is bht3,500/.. if not it's bht500 for a big bike..
after the 'ding dong' (thats 2 hours..) the ferry left.. no worries, there is no specific timing for the ferry.. it comes and go, as long as there is 3 trucks, it is viable for them to proceed..
over at the other dept which is on another building the officer again ask for the documents which I told him I have already handed them to his colleague.. now he says I have to take it back and go to the customs office (1.5km away in town..) for verification.. after getting it done (half hour lost).. I came back but it's a different officer now.. now he said I have to bring it to his boss, the immigration office 2km away in the town.. how inconsistent things can be here..
anticipating boarder crossing will not be that smooth.. I reached the immigration at 8am.. got to the office and declare the exit of vehicle.. there the officer took my carnet, took down the particulars on a log book and ask me to proceed to the other dept on the next building to stamp my passport..

3 comments:

  1. you forgot to pay the usual processing fees thats why they ask you to jalan sana sini lah.

    TLee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparantly there was 1 guy on a KSR 125 rode to Loas recently. Read about him on the forum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wah, whole trip looks damn shiok damn shiok... bugger! haha
    My dad's hp no in cambodia +85592665761...

    ReplyDelete