Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Birthday ride to Sangkhla Buri- 5th Feb

....would you..? upon turning back I almost flip the bike over. as I was on a slope, it rolled down slightly when I heave the bike off the stand .. did some balancing act.. and phew.. thnk goodness did not drop it..
GOSH... I'm not going onto this bridge..
hmmm.. dont look good to me..
let me check it out before following him blindly..
How the hell Mr GPS guided me to this dilapidated wooden bridge..?? I slowed down approaching this downhill, sandy section of the entrance while a 'kapchai' over took me and hit the plank and onto the bridge he went on.. zig zag..
.. through the kampong.. (off road..)
with much disappointment, this is actually the starting point of the cave for tracking.. where you cant see any part of the cave unless you are willing to do some tracking up.. oops, not geared for hiking, so turning back is the only option. instead of switching to detour on my GPS, I continued to mark a new point where to GSP took me round a shorter way out from here..
anyway the turn off is along the way to Sangkhlaburi and it's only about 20km in..
Along the way I decided to turn into Lawa Cave.. much advertise in many tour counters.. so I decided to check it out..
Set off again at 6.40am today.. probably my most memorable birthday ride alone to Sangkhla Buri/Burmese boarder.. 400+ clicks round trip. It's a about 200km northwest but you have to back track as it punch straight into Burma where you can't carry on to northern Thailand..

2 comments:

  1. Pat, you should have taken my little Tumper fo this bridge lah...

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha.. good to hear from you.. I would if it's your thumper man.. but to reach here would be a pain.. how bout loading on the train up here.? the station call Ban Pong is only bout 30km frm Kanchana.. cheers bro

    ReplyDelete