Saturday, February 7, 2009

Kanchanaburi to Ayutthaya - 6th Feb

The bridge over Pa Sak river connecting the island of Ayutthaya..
Checked in at Krungsri River Htl.. BHT1,800... sitting behind the hotel along Pa Sak River
.. found out later, King Naresuan's love for fighting cock.. hmmmAs I was entering the province of Ayutthaya, I notice this huge cocks line up around the monument.. and decided to check it out ... ohh, glad my iron horse gets a second full tank of benzine blended 91 instead of having to drink "sugar cane water" again.. anyway, old Dommie drinks anything, I hope..
First heavy downpour since I set foot in Thailand.. Well, no rush today as the nxt stop is only a 100 clicks away frm here where i'm killing time..Set off after lunch at 2pm.. First gas station ran out of gasoline.. moved on to the nxt one also.. 'gasoline mot liau.."" Oh oh, guess my Domie has to drink gasohol which I try to avoid. Gasoline here is 91 octane which I was using here all the while. Gasohol is 95 octane but it's a Ethanol blend, where old machines should avoid due to corrosion to the fuel line, while 91 is too low for high compression engines.. anyway, looks like I have no choice now.. cheaper anyway. (Gasoline 91 = BHT 25.5/lt. Gasohol 20.31/lt.. ) still very expensive compared to Malaysia.

3 comments:

  1. D last pic,view looks serene by the lake...is that you relaxing with the dog beside...?
    Happy discovery....

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah.. thats me, singing.. rain rain, go away..

    -----
    big cock, small cock.. never seen so many cock at one time la.

    ReplyDelete