Sunday, February 8, 2009

300km north to Kamphaeng Phet - 8th Feb


... with only about 100km+ left to Kamphaeng Phet, I took a slow cruising speed below 100km/hr watching these flowering trees by the road..
Riding or driving here, one should be extremely defensive.. the pick-up drivers are really fast and reckless, changing 3 lanes in 3 meters, cutting out from junctions.. coming in between you at tremendous speed without warning.. so, watch your ass not every other min but seconds..

.... after being scared by the cow, I decided to take a break before Nakhon Sawan.. having too much spicy Thai, I decided to go western, fast food. hmm, even Chester's Grill don't spare you with chilli.. Fried chicken set also comes with chilli padi..?? goodness


This is a boring trunk road up north.. to spike some excitement to it, 2 cows suddenly jump out of their pack onto the road into my way.. SHIT.. the one behind was too near for me to brake and I accelerate pass him going in between the 2 cows... holy cow..!! phew, cold sweat...
worried of leaving things behind.. DONE..!! and oops phone charger not in yet.. uurghh..
Unpack and packing to hit the road again is a stressful process for me.. especially when it's daily, reaching late noon.. unpack and pack again the nxt morning.. well, probably stress due to too many things (electronic gadgets) I have with me.. but I must also admit this is my worst department... hmmm
View from my room.. taking a good look one more time before packing to leave.. thats Pa Sak River running behind this Krungsri Hotel..

4 comments:

  1. Hey bro!!!

    I didn't know that you are away on solo biking trip, excellent.
    nice picture and places, I wish to be there :)
    anyway, I went to Laos on CNY, we have rented XR250's and rod it for almost a week.
    Laos is beautiful, next year I will try to go back there again:)
    here you have my pictures:
    http://public.fotki.com/shoei/laos/

    have a safe and adventurous ride bro !
    enjoy LIFE as it is (simple and dusty):)
    BRGDS, Piotr

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Piotr, good to hear frm you.. ok, will see Laos by nxt week.. catch up whn i'm back. cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy cow...going in between 2 cows! if you hit them, you'll have a lot of beef steaks to last you...no need to go to Chester's Grill...ha ha. When we were driving into the roads in d canadian rockies, there were also signs "Beware of moose". A moose can suddenly cross the road.
    Looks like autumn flowers..beautiful shades

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take your time to ride... can be scary boy.. I bet the cows got small backside for you to go thru..
    hahaa..

    cheers, Lucky.

    ReplyDelete