Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Siem Reap - 3rd Mar

Settled in at this 4 months old hotel, 'The Kool' at USD39/ recmded by Ch Leong. My first Cambodian meal at the hotel with I,me and myself... 'Char kadow' spicy chicken.. 6pm is a little too late for him to start work, we made apmt for tmr..


arriving here... I know I am at the right place..
.. conversation broke out very quickly with bikers.. I told him bout the slider problem and he quickly introduce his motocross rider mechanic.. asking for address and locations, he says don't waste time.. lets go..!!
after half hour searching in vain for the hotel i'm suppose to stay.. ('The Kool').. I took a rest to make some calls.. dam good choice of picking this French rstaurant for a break.. the boss a caucasian and his friend Stef from Belgium both on dirt bikes xr250 arrived..
putting back part of the slider by securing it with cable tie.. knowing it's not going to last me long as the chain is now sitting on the cable tie instead.. well, 10km should not be a problem at all.
... looks shitty..

not wanting to risk another 10km, with the slider and some metal touching the front sprocket and the chain now sits directly on the swing arm, I pull over to dismantle it..
Oh shit.. !! just as I was happy to see good road and the last 10km to Siem Reap.. my chain slider gave way.. not only that, the metal base of the slider runs into the front sprocket area and force the cover to give way..
last 20km was again nice straight roads.. looking at the time, I took 4 hours from Poipet. No lunch break or petrol stop, just photo taking stops..

1 comment:

  1. He Patrick, I accidentally arrived on your blogspot and it was nice to see the pictures and the stories. Hope you made it back and that you have good memories of Cambodia.
    Was a bit surprised about the price my mechanic charged you, but then again, if he did a good job...

    Best and hope to see you one day in Singapore ;-)

    ReplyDelete