Wednesday, March 4, 2009

2nd day in Siem Reap - 4th Mar

went round the town to check out what Siem Reap has to offer after sunset.. looks like it's a town with lots of restaurants and massages more then a clubbing place.. Preparing to do lots of walking, visiting the Angkor complex tomorrow, I went back to retire early as I was shack out meddling with my machine the whole day..
Siem Reap by night.. still very dusty even it's nicely lighted up in the evening.. sad..
Stef who took me to the mechanic. He's now trying to copy a better Cambodia map into my PC to the GPS. His blog exploring Cambodia on dirt bike.. http://www.amokincambodja.blogspot.com/







streets lighted up with pus and restaurants..
Djbel..
hmm, he's got an interesting collection.. install an M16 at the sidecar and you are ready for the killing fields..
he has this very thick rubber with a cloth base material, ready cut to be use as a chain slider which i notice almost all his dirt bikes are using.. an interesting collection of CRM, XR, baja, djbel TTR... being satisfied with the job done, I told him bout the loose gear lever which I had sleeve in a piece of aluminium sheet i cut frm a can drink after it got loose for the second time. he brought me an XR gear lever where it fits perfectly tight (better fit then my aftermarket IMS lever) but the angle is not right. He suggest using only the head of the XR lever and cut my IMS end and weld against it.. agreeing with him.. jod done in another hour. WOW, things are not cheap here.. USD49//-
my broken slider..
got her to the mechanic first thing in the mornin

No comments:

Post a Comment