Monday, March 16, 2009

Trat to Petchaburi. 600km - 12th Mar

'Marked yellow' my return trip, reaching Petchaburi at about 3pm. almost 600km done from Trat this morning but fail to load bike onto train.
A clearer picture of the palace taken from a poster..
Phra Nakhon Khiri Palace.. hmm, this is the only sign in english..
Loads of tour bus flock here makes me curious.. walking around inside the tramp station, I realize this place is frequent by local tourist only.. I can't find any information, leaflets or signboard written in english.. including ticketing office written in Thai.. anyway I was too tired to go up the hill top.

the streets at Petchaburi.

A very small hill smack right in the center of this town Petchaburi where a Palace stands on the top.
Train station..
Reaching here at Petchaburi train station.. my plan failed.. No seats today. Staying a night here, hopping I could load bike up tmr and relax up to Hatyai.. which would be an experience for me too.
Got through BKK at about 11am, I grab a quick lunch and proceed to Petchaburi with the intention to load my bike on the train to Hatyai..
..What a joke having to use ferry to cross such a narrow river (rather a canal..) in BBK while all ferry service in Cambodia has already been replaced by beautiful bridges paid by Thailand...
Plans changed.. From Trat, my initial plan was to tour the coast at the southeast of Thailand up to Pattaya. After deciding to cut short my trip and reaturn earlier, I cut through to Chom Bon.. where I bypass the coastal area, which is shorter towards northwest. Trying not to enter BKK, I tried to move more to the south of BKK, nearer to the Gulf of Thailand.. yet I ended going through the southern part of BKK, ended up on highway where motorcycle is not allowed.. I was asked to exit by a police officer.. there goes again, having problem with GPS where it keeps navigating me to the 'forbidden' highway.. lost for an hour, I ended up with a ferry crossing.. urgh..!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment